Thursday, August 11, 2011

The 'H' Word

Hate is one word I can't stand to hear the kids say. I don't even like them to say it in reference to certain vegetables (although I strongly dislike brussel sprouts).

I saw a teaser on the Today Show for a segment on 'The Most Hated People in America'. Seriously. Is this necessary? To me, it almost goes beyond meaningless gossip, not to mention - how is this NEWS? I am not saying that the people on the list are good people. I have never met any of them and I do not trust the media to give me enough information about anyone to judge them - oh, and it's not my place to.

Everyone is someone's child. I just hope I can help my kids maintain a slight bit of their innocence and teach them that such a strong word isn't necessary - ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment