Friday, September 9, 2011

Slacker.

I know, I know... I am not the best at keeping up sometimes. School started. Football started. Birthdays, anniversaries.

So, here is a recap...The start of school went well. The kids like their teachers. Bo started full days of class this week and was very excited to 'eat lunch there'. It's the little things!

Football is fine. It's a tremendous effort to get him to practice sometimes - balancing homework, three other kids and the fact that we are 28 miles from practice at home. He finally figured out how to tackle and likes the sport more. I am torn between the 'mama bear' instinct to go tackle the boys who tackle Drew and this innate competitiveness for him to just be more aggressive. Weird. I find the encouraging him is best. I try and keep the mama bear at bay. There were two injuries on the other team (which was a LOT larger than ours - in size AND numbers) during the game. Our kids all took a knee until the child got up. The other team were just yelling at the poor kid down to 'get up!' I do love our team.

I still love being at home. Part of the whole being home was to relieve some stress with running around. Part was to keep up with house, laundry, etc... to enjoy our time we are all home together more. Part was to be there for the kids. I am finding that part the most critical right now. I really did think it got easier when kids went to school. It was harder when they were babies and toddlers. I was wrong. Not that you can't do it all - working too. You absolutely can. I could still do it. I do like that I am not though. It's where I need to be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment